Beauty without the Chemicals
These days, we hardly have to convince you to make the switch to a more “au-natural” beauty, skin or hair care routine. We know all about the potential negative side effects with additives like parabens, sulfates and artificial colors and fragrances included in conventional beauty products. With possibilities of allergic reactions, irritations, hormone disruption, reproductive issues and a host of other scary things, we’re ditching the chemical additives and going natural!
More and more companies (us included) are striving to deliver us, the beauty obsessed, cleaner, greener beauty products and we are so thankful! Less is certainly more these days and today we’re looking at the benefits of switching up your hair care routine with products that are more gentle on your lovely locks and scalp! Our natural hair care products actually promotes the health of your hair! Read on to learn about our favorite products and some useful tips and tricks to keep you on the natural hair care track.
Benefits of Natural Hair Care
You’re ready to make the switch! So, where do you start? Flip over your shampoo bottle and start reading that label! Toxins you’ll want to shy away from in your hair care products include:
- SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfates
- Propylene Glycol
Natural ingredients, like proteins, essential oils, fermented ingredients, vitamins, minerals and fruit extracts are all safe for the body (and the environment!) and can have a plethora of benefits for your hair and scalp. Some of these benefits include:
- Avoiding product build-up. Synthetic ingredients tend to leave a residue, or coating, on hair strands which can accumulate overtime. This can lead to clogged hair follicles, oily hair or just downright, unmanageable tresses.
- Gentle on skin. Conventional hair care products contain certain chemicals that can cause reactions or irritation of your skin. If your skin’s super sensitive look for nourishing, natural ingredients like tea tree, jojoba oil and apple cider vinegar to help cleanse and revitalize your scalp, naturally!
- Promotes healthy hair. We all want it; silky smooth, luscious, healthy hair! Traditional hair products contain ingredients that strip your hair of its natural oils. Over time, this can actually damage your hair, making it prone to frizz and breakage. Look for hair products pumped with natural ingredients like biotin, argan oil, aloe vera and coconut oil to give your hair all the nutrients it needs to be strong and healthy!
- Better for the environment. When you wash your hair, any chemicals from your conventional hair products that haven’t been absorbed by your hair or skin are potentially being washed down the drain. This means possible contamination of our water and soil! Natural ingredients break down quicker, leaving little to no time to affect our environment.
- Supports overall health. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it’s estimated that an average of over 60% of what we put on it is absorbed! That means these additives can potentially end up inside our bodies. Using natural hair products eliminates this unnecessary absorption.
Our Favorite Natural Hair Products
Here at Swanicoco, we may just be a little biased when it comes to our favorite hair care products! Our own line contains at least 90-100% all natural ingredients, is cruelty-free and are all formulated without animal byproducts! Some of our favorites (and how we like to use them) include:
- Calendula Swan Shampoo – formulated with calendula and nine different types of vegetable extracts, this shampoo is soothing and moisturizing to your hair and scalp. Massage into your scalp to enhance circulation, effectively clean your hair and promote hair growth! Lather, rinse, repeat if needed!
- Refresh Silky Swan Hair Control Mist – Our silky soft hair mist contains apple mint leaf extract that promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. If you suffer from fly-aways or dry hair, spritz a little of our hair mist on your ends for super soft, frizz-free, shiny hair!
- Refresh Silky Swan Hair Treatment – Our hair treatment rules! Packed with nourishing ingredients like shea butter and green lentil jelly extract, these powerful botanicals work together to keep your hair long and strong and super soft. Try using this in place of a conditioner, like a hair mask. For a more intense treatment, leave on your hair and scalp for up to 15 minutes to fully reap all the awesome benefits of the natural ingredients!